When presented with an opportunity to purchase a practice, a dentist can be overwhelmed trying to evaluate the volume of practice data available to determine whether to move forward with the purchase. In this class, we will help you better understand what it means to “Do Your Financial Due Diligence”.
You will learn how to evaluate financial data in several practice management areas, such as Collections & Overhead, Productivity, Staff Compensation, Standard Fee Schedule, and Projected “After-Tax, After Debt-Service Cash Flow”.
We will discuss practice management averages, metrics and benchmarks common to practices in the area. We will review real world examples of how this information can be utilized as part of the Due Diligence process and help put the practice opportunity into perspective compared to other practices.
This course is also valuable for Sellers so they can learn which aspects of their practices the Buyers will be evaluating when the time to sell their practices arrive.
After this course attendees will be able to:
- Understand the overhead for dental practices in your area
- List eleven productivity metrics that can help pinpoint opportunities and pitfalls
- Compare your practice management numbers with similar practices
- Develop confidence analyzing and understanding practice management data
- Recognize key attributes of a target practice that provide the best opportunities for a buyer
- Identify what to look for during the Due Diligence process when your Letter of Intent is accepted.